Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow, snow everywhere and not a place to park!

While most Washingtonians are fighting cabin fever and brace the biting wind, I am only wishing I could spend several days locked in my house. Why you may ask? Because I work at a hospital and we don't get snow days.

While the Post celebrates the largest snow fight in history, the real heroes go unsung. The thousands of men and women who fight the snow to come to work and save lives. The people who carried an elderly man on their backs to get him to his dialysis treatment. The nurses and doctors who worked hours upon hours, days upon days, to put patients first. No, I'm not one of them, but I have the distinct honor and pleasure to work amongst these heroes day in and day out.

If you know one, thank them, because you never know when you or your loved one might be a patient.

1 comment: