Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sometimes you're lost, sometimes you're found

Well today was an interesting day. I started out by going to my very first NBA basketball game, the Washington Wizards. It was fun even though the Wizards are terrible.

So then I'm innocently sitting at home, when the roomie texts me. I ask her if she's made any life decisions yet, and she says yes that she's not coming back from Tulsa. This puts me in quite the pickle because we were supposed to re-sign our lease next week. Now I need to find a new place to live, not to mention probably a new roommate due to the high cost of living, plus movers, plus money to hire movers, plus money for deposits and pet deposits. Ugh! Too much stress!! I've already moved twice since June, and now for a 3rd?!

Honestly, could I catch a break?

DC hasn't been the kindest to me: a move within the first month of being here, an unfortunate car towing experience, a harassing run in with the law, being dirt poor all the time, and now this?! It's time for some GOOD LUCK!

But hey, nothing can hold me down. Professionally speaking I am really starting to prove myself and I'm excited about the opportunity for growth. I've met some great people in DC and experienced great things. I've been continually challenged to grow as a young professional and a woman. I know now that I can go anywhere and do anything.

Call me stubborn or crazy or even stupid, but I don't think I'm ready to give up on DC.

This is just another challenge and I am great at overcoming challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment